The Mary Lanning Hospital Trust:
- Established in 1918.
- The Trust holds real property (primarily farm ground) and invests personal property for charitable purposes, as established in individual trusts. The Trust owns land in Adams, Clay, Franklin, Hall, Hamilton, Kearney, and Phelps Counties in Nebraska.
- A majority of the trust arrangements were established in the early years of the Trust by William H. Lanning, Thomas Frahm, and Claus Frahm.
- Healthcare and a home for the elderly were the major concerns for the benefactors.
- Income from the Trust assists Mary Lanning Healthcare (for operational support), and Sunnyside, Inc.
The Mary Lanning Healthcare Foundation:
- Established in 1996.
- Accepts contributions from individuals, families, corporations, and foundations to support various activities of Mary Lanning Healthcare.
- Contributions support scholarships for MLH/Creighton University School of Nursing and Mary Lanning Radiologic Technology program; capital construction projects to enhance the quality of care for MLH; purchase of new, state-of-the-art equipment and technology for patient care.
- The Foundation manages approximately $2.5 million in endowment funds established by donors to support scholarships, equipment and the Foundation unrestricted fund.
Watch a video about the history of the Mary Lanning Hospital Trust.